Saturday 17 August 2013

Creative Inspiration

Image Source

I have been spending a lot of time sitting and wishing that I was sewing lately. Aside from calisthenics costumes, I have not gotten my sewing machine out and active in over 12 months. For someone who used to sew constantly, that is a bloody long time! 

So why haven't I been sewing?? There are a few reasons..

1. There was a period of time when my sewing and creating was my job through WeePantz (my old business). After finishing up from that, I really lacked the interest in sewing anything, despite having a few bouts here and there of making skirts and what not. I think I needed a break.

2. I have loads of study to do. I am very organised, and have every single part of my day assigned to what needs to be done. Study takes up the majority of that time - after the kids of course.

3. I don't know what to sew! I've been in desperate need of some inspiration. Lately I have wanted to sew, but had no idea WHAT I should sew. So I choose not to, in case time restrictions hinder that (see #2).

So I have been looking for creative inspiration to get me started on my machine again. I am sure that once I am on there, momentum will kick in and I wont be able to stop - at least I hope so. I have been looking into what is trendy for a fashion challenge at the moment.

I am not sure that I am very trendy, but I'm sure that I will find a way to fit my style and hopefully discover where my sew-jo has been hiding because I miss it, and the joy of creating terribly.

What have you been creating lately?
Have you lost your sew-jo somewhere along the way?

No comments: