Friday 21 September 2012

overnight oats



A food that I am currently in love with is overnight oats.

I'm not a porridge girl. The warm, soft oatey grains tend to remind me of old soggy rice bubbles/vomit. Instead of comfort and cuddles. But oats are just so damn good for you!! So when I stumbled upon a few recipes, I decided to give overnight oats a try. 

my first attempt, banana, mixed berries and almonds


And... I really love them!

The basic method:

Using a ratio of around 1 : 2 for oats : liquid.

I put my oats, almond milk and yoghurt in a container with some fruit and chia seeds (also really good for you!!).

I then give it a good stir and put it in the fridge overnight.

In the morning, I just pull out my container, and then add some more fruit and some nuts. 



Sooooo good, and nothing like soggy rice bubbles/vomit at all!! The combinations are really up to your taste and imagination. 

And another good thing... NO DISHES!! I make my oats in the container I'm going to eat them out of, so there's no pots or pans to wash afterwards.

this morning's combo of pear, walnuts, blueberries and banana

What's your favourite thing to have for breakfast?
Are you a porridge lover?

No comments: