Friday 26 October 2012

Blogtober 26th: Cancer


This morning I was informed that my G.P. of 5 years lost her battle with cancer two weeks ago.

She was so helpful to me after I had Mr-O and struggled terribly with Post Natal Depression and she helped so many more people also. It is difficult to digest that someone who helped so many sick people was sick herself. My heart and thoughts and prayers go out to her family during this time of loss.

Cancer is an awful disease that affects so many people. Most of us have been affected by it at some point in our lives.

It's effect on me today is to hold those that I love tighter, to kiss them a few more hundred times each morning when they wake up, and to make the most of every moment that I have on this earth. To use my life as a proclamation of joy, and happiness, and love. To not worry about tomorrow, but to have the very BEST TODAY possible.

Today it is National Bandanna Day in Australia.

National Bandanna Day is a fundraising initiative run by Canteen, an organisation that supports people aged 12 - 24 who have been diagnosed with cancer. People buy and wear bandannas all over Australia with the money going back into supporting these young people.

My G.P. wasn't a teenager, but there are so many young people who struggle with cancer in our country and National Bandanna Day is a great way to give them our support. So I encourage you to head over to their website and see how you can support these people today. There's a list of places you can buy bandannas too.




1 comment:

Kat McNally said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Amy. A good GP is worth her weight in gold. And cancer is a horrid way to go.
Good on you for honouring her memory and supporting a wonderful cause.
xxx