Monday 8 July 2013

making it up as you go...

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to learn how to knit in the round using circular needles so that I could knit something other than a scarf this winter. Actually, I committed to knitting two things that weren't scarves to be exact.

After a few interesting starts, I am now well on my way to knitting my first beanie, which has me really excited and looking forward to making more and more beanies for everyone I know.... Why?? because they are so darn easy!!!

starting out my beanie
I am not following a pattern - because I am a rebel like that. And also because every simple beanie pattern I saw was pretty much the same. It took me a few go's to get my cast on right. I had to learn how to do it differently

Mum - Why did you not teach me that one? It is so much easier to do!!

Knitted ribbing
I am super proud of my ribbing for the beanie. I have done ribbing before, but only once and it was messy. This time it was much neater.

Knitted Beanie

And so I continue. You can see the details of my project on Ravelry, here. I am up to decreasing for the crown now... Wish me luck!!!!


No comments: